How will I serve you?
- Our taxes are already too high! I will vote against any increases in taxes and look for solutions to issues without a tax increase. Throwing money at a problem is not a solution; instead, we need to take the time to think through and come up with bi-partisan and creative solutions using the resources that we already have.
- Economic Growth with Environmentally-friendly businesses
- Economic growth is vital to the sustenance of DuPage County. I would like to keep costs and waste down by supporting environmentally-friendly businesses within DuPage County that can pass the savings on to our voters. When we spend less money and waste less, we save more in our pockets.
- My six-year old daughter goes to public school in our district, so I am not only directly impacted by the education system, but also invested in it. I will strive for improvement in our educational system by working with different non-profits in the area that can add to our curriculum without costing us a lot of money.
- Transparency, Accountability, and Fiscal Responsibility
- I plan to make sure that money being spent by DuPage County is being allocated efficiently and productively. I would like to make sure that programs are being run properly within our county and seeking creative ways of development of programs using the resources that we already have.
- Bi-partisan cooperation
- I plan on working with both sides of the aisle for an efficiently functioning county board. My work in co-authoring and pushing my proposed amendment of the new Illinois hate crime bill that passed unanimously shows that I am able to work with everyone regardless of their political party affiliation.
- Unity: In today's troubling and divisive times, we need a candidate that unites the people of DuPage County together. I like to foster environments of inclusion and acceptance of everyone. I founded a non-profit organization, UCARE, that unites all communities together and provides a platform for all groups to come together. Uniting people together is a lifelong process - a process that is continuous for the benefit of our future generations We must stand together as one in DuPage County regardless of our differences. It is our unity that gives us strength.
- Balance: Currently, DuPage County Board is mostly Republican with only a couple of Democrats on the board. Let's break this monopoly to bring balance to our county. We need to have our board be a reflection of the people that reside within District 5.
- Change: Change does not always have to be a bad thing. Positive change is needed for growth, vitality, and strength of DuPage County. I am a 34-year old woman with a young fresh mind to bring our county up to date with newer technology, smarter businesses, and cost-effective strategies.
Paid for by Supporters of Sadia Covert